The Paris prosecutor’s office said on Tuesday evening that two other people who had been questioned by police in connection with the case had also been released without charges, but it did not identify them or explain their connection to Mr. Brown, who has been attending shows in the city for Paris Men’s Fashion Week.

Mr. Brown’s record company, RCA, which said this month that it had signed a new deal with Mr. Brown, did not respond to a request for comment. Last week RCA dropped another of its R&B stars, R. Kelly, after protests that followed the airing of the television documentary “Surviving R. Kelly.” In the documentary, women said that Mr. Kelly had lured them into sexual relationships when they were underage, and had abused them mentally and physically.

Mr. Brown has been involved in a string of violent episodes over the past few years. In July, he was arrested in connection with a nightclub dispute from April 2017, when he was accused of punching a photographer in Tampa, Fla. In May, a woman sued him, saying he held her against her will at his Los Angeles house last year while a friend of his raped her. He was arrested in 2016 on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon after a standoff at his home.

In 2009, he pleaded guilty to one count of felony assault on his girlfriend at the time, the singer Rihanna.

Despite his legal troubles, Mr. Brown has remained popular with an ardent fan base. He has won several industry prizes, including the 2012 Grammy for best R&B album for “F.A.M.E.,” and he performed at that year’s Grammy ceremony. His most recent album, “Heartbreak on a Full Moon,” opened at No. 3 on the Billboard album chart in late 2017.

In 2010, according to the BBC, Mr. Brown was forced to postpone a British tour after he was denied a visa to enter the country because of the assault conviction involving Rihanna. In 2015, he was forced to cancel the Australian and New Zealand leg of his “One Hell of a Nite” tour for the same reason.

Earlier that year, he was barred from leaving the Philippines for three days because of a fraud complaint stemming from a 2014 New Year’s Eve concert in that country.

Source link