Visit https://podnews.net/update/ear-hustle-the-book for all the links, and to get our newsletter.
- The award-winning Ear Hustle podcast is to be available as a book. This Is Ear Hustle: Unflinching Stories of Everyday Prison Life (preorder, affiliate) will be available in October, written by Nigel Poor and Earlonne Woods.
- Apple has set the launch date for Apple Podcasts Subscriptions and channels as Tuesday, June 15; they link to subscriptions best practices. The launch had been delayed from May. (Podnews will have a channel, but not a subscription offering).
- First look: The team behind Dolly Parton’s America are to produce a new series, The Vanishing of Harry Pace. The podcast series will be available within the Radiolab podcast feed from June 17.
Classifieds – your job or ad here
Let Us Help You Take the Hassle Out of Podcasting! — Pod House Media is a full-service podcast production house focused on helping entrepreneurs, brands, and organizations start, grow, and manage their podcast.
SELL ADS ON YOUR PODCAST WITHOUT ALL OF THE WORK. — Rockable handles your ad bookings so you can stay focused on creating an amazing show. Tap into a marketplace of advertisers on the hunt for high quality host-read podcast ads.
Subscribe to The CodeSandbox Podcast — Learn about the more human side of open-source software through interviews with experts from the CodeSandbox community!
- First look: America’s largest online progressive news network and the creator of The Young Turks, TYT has just announced a wider podcast slate in partnership with Acast. The company will increase its podcast production and its slate of programming, with a focus on cultural shows beyond political news.
- Chartable has achieved SOC 2 Type 2 certification, which tests a company on security and development practices. The company joins Megaphone and Whooshkaa.
- The National Association of Television Program Executives in the US, NATPE, has revealed NATPE Virtual: ContentCast – the Business of Podcasting Content. The event in July will include executives from Audible, GroupM, iHeartMedia, RoosterTeeth, ViacomCBS, Wolf Entertainment, and Triton Digital, and the press release also tantalisingly reveals that "moderators for the sessions include top minds covering the audio industry including Nick Quah (HotPod) and James Cridland (Podnews)."
- The Australian Podcast Report for May has been released by Triton Digital. ARN’s iHeartPodcastNetwork is still #1; and has seen a 75% increase in downloads year-on-year.
- AudioUK has announced Chloe Straw as the new Managing Director. The company is the trade body for audio production companies making podcasts, radio and audiobooks in the country.
- Cabana has published a brief history of dynamic audio insertion.
- Auphonic has released an API to enable podcast hosts to integrate the audio post-production tool.
Hints and tips
- Can you over-prepare for a podcast? Nicola Broomham reckons you can.
- Can you use email to build a viable podcast business? Sean Howard from Fable and Folly highlights the benefit of a viable email list in a three-part series.
- From the HubSpot Podcast Network: My First Million brainstorms ideas for new businesses. Recently, Shaan and Sam have covered second-hand e-commerce, door-to-door sales, and NFTs.
- Innovation on the Edge with Microsoft Edge is a new show from PodcastOne, hosted by Jordan Harbinger and Chelsea Briggs, examining the cutting edge of internet innovation.
- Silence is Not an Option, from CNN’s Don Lemon, returns for a second season today. This season, Don talks with the people who know that speaking out sometimes means breaking the rules, sharing the stories of those who used their fame to shine a light on injustice like Harry Belafonte and Eartha Kitt.
- Netflix has announced the first ever Stranger Things fiction podcast: a companion podcast to a new YA novel, building out the Stranger Things universe into print and audio. Rebel Robin: Surviving Hawkins debuts on June 29.
- Everyone Dies, which launched fourteen months ago, is celebrating ten thousand worldwide downloads. Hosted by Dr. Marianne Matzo, the podcast provides evidence-based information to the public on serious illness, dying, and death.
- Where are all the baby pigeons? Just one of life’s little mysteries that Lucinda Price, best known by her online name Froomes, will be looking at in a new podcast from NOVA Entertainment.
- Ashley Flowers is launching a new true crime podcast with Spotify’s Parcast. International Infamy will premiere on June 15, exploring high-profile cases from around the world.
- True crime and music are two very popular podcast genres: so Songs in the Key of Death is a new podcast that combines them. Each episode looks at true history and real-life inspiration behind a famous murder ballad and comes with the original score and a fresh interpretation; it’s hosted by Courtney Smith.
- From France, Allons Enfants est un podcast consacré à cette étape de la vie qui nous façonne et fascine tous: l’enfance. Il est tout simplement un hymne à l’enfance – d’hier, d’aujord’hui, et de demain. Présenté par Romain Balland, il est publié par Engle, et c’est en français, évidemment.
Thank you to our supporters
Gold supporters:Buzzsprout, Mamamia, Resonate Recordings, Osiris Media, Riverside.fm, Cadence13, Pineapple Street Studios, Podcorn, WideOrbit, Spreaker, Google Podcasts, Jar Audio, Simplecast, Podchaser, Awesound, Call for Content, Acast, ART19, Evergreen Podcasts, The Ramsey Show, Podbean, Adonde Media, Disctopia, The Podcast Haven, Luminary, Podpage websites, TED Audio Collective, We Edit Podcasts, Libsyn, Entale, Spotify for Podcasters, The Roost, backtracks.fm, One of One Productions Podcast Studio, Megaphone, Podcast Network Solutions, Podmetrics, Engle, Knit
Silver supporters:POST by Futuri, Terra Firma Audio, Omny Studio, Message Heard, SoundMedia, Podscribe, Bullhorn, Lantigua Williams and Co, Health Podcast Network, Julep Hosting, Julep Podcast Marketing, Kast Media, NPR, Headliner, RockWater Industries, Podcastpage, Wondery, audioBoom, Blubrry, Castos, Transistor, Double Elvis Productions, Bababam, WaitWhat, Castbox, Maps.fm, Hindenburg, SPI, Oxford Road, 18sixty, Diversion Podcasts, Pacific Content, Heartcast Media50, Lemonada Media, podcast.co, Podcast Ad Report, Latina Podcasters Network, Barevalue, Amaeya Media, Ossa Collective, Jam Street Media, Whooshkaa, Sonic Influencer Marketing, Glisten Media Podcast Production, Podcast Guests, Podcast Taxi, The Podcast Engineer, Zvook, Optimal Living Daily, EverythingWithPodcasting, StreamGuys, DAX, Creative Zombie Studios, Rachel Corbetts Podschool, Podiant, Content10x, Know or Not? Podcast Network, Podcast Partnership, Chartable, Ad Results Media, She Podcasts, adswizz, Podknife, Midroll, Lower Street, Podigy, Veritone One, Revolver Podcasts, School of Podcasting, Podcast Movement, Cleanfeed, Adopter Media, Margarita Noriega, Stakhanov, Sonix, Edison Research, Signal Hill Insights
Support us This feed for Mozilla50X11Linuxx8664AppleWebKit53736KHTMLlikeGeckoUbuntuChromium410227276