It’s time to embark on a reading quest, and I’ve got a baker’s dozen of books that will fill your imagination with magic, monsters, and heroes. I’ve curated this year’s Truly Epic Fantasy Storybundle featuring some of the most ambitious and talented indie authors.
I’m putting in my just-released volume of Selected Stories: Fantasy, and I’m really proud of this collection spanning much of my career: 26 stories in a wide range of fantasy about obsessed sea captains, shape shifters, enchanted loincloths, bumbling knights in shining armor, ghosts haunting Shakespeare’s Globe Theater, a homeless mother and a troll under a bridge, Captain Nemo and his Nautilus, H.G. Wells’s Martians, and a very strange Wisconsin small town.
Also from WordFire Press, Liz Colter’s The Halfblood War is a grand epic fantasy in the classic tradition. Jason Henderson’s The Iron Thane set in the world of Shakespeare’s Macbeth, Scotland is besieged by a child-stealing demon called the Erl-King. Only Macduff, the slayer of Macbeth, can bring together an alliance of humans, witches, and elves to prevent the loss of humanity’s children to the invading Erl-King and his flying army. In John D. Payne’s The Crown and the Dragon, an incognito princess and a condemned outlaw try to unravel the secret of a magical artifact that could save their kingdom…while they are hunted by soldiers, demons, a sorcerer, and an implacable dragon.
I’ve brought in some other excellent indie authors. In Todd Fahnestock’s Wildmane, a brooding demigod and a young sorceress are in a race to restore magic to the lands. Lindsay Buroker’s The Warrior Mage: His mother was one of the most powerful wizards in the Nurian Empire until she abandoned her people to become a notorious pirate. That choice doomed the family she left behind to a life of disgrace.
This Crumbling Pageant by Patricia Pooks Burroughs is the first book of a dark fantasy series combining swashbuckling adventure, heart-pounding romance, and plot-twisting suspense. In Andrea Pearson’s The Forsaken Prince, a teenager learns he’s a prince on another world. He refuses to accept his new role. In Kelly Lynn Colby’s novel, Tarbin’s True Heir, the royal twins seek the Holy Gemstones in a world quest to determine who is the True Heir, a title that means more than either imagined. A.M Rycroft’s Into the Darkness is a dark sword and sorcery epic with rich characters and settings, perfect for fans of Robin Hobb and M.L. Spencer.
If you want a lighter, more humorous read, C.E. Murphy’s Magic and Manners is what happens when a fantasy author goes on a Pride and Prejudice binge, and begins to imagine that the Bennet sisters have too much magic, rather than too little money… In A Portion of Dragon & Chips by Simon Haynes, an elderly robot shows up in a medieval kingdom…and forgets to bring his charger. And finally, in The Crimson Claymore by Craig A. Price, Jr., Searon wanted revenge, but what he got was a snarky wizard and a quest he never expected.
You can get ALL 13 of these books for as little as $15 (you name your own price), and a portion of the funds goes to benefit the Challenger Learning Centers for Space Science Education, and the rest of the money directly supports these indie authors. But the Truly Epic Fantasy Storybundle will be around for only three weeks. Time to pack up your reading device and set off on the quest! – Kevin J. Anderson
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you’re feeling generous), you’ll get the basic bundle of five books in any eBook format—WORLDWIDE.
- Warrior Mage – Chains of Honor Book 1 by Lindsay Buroker
- Forsaken Prince – Kilenya Chronicles Book One by Andrea Pearson
- This Crumbling Pageant – The Fury Triad Volume One by Patricia Burroughs
- The Crimson Claymore – The Claymore of Calthoria Book One by Craig A. Price Jr.
- Wildmane – Threadweavers Book One by Todd Fahnestock
If you pay at least the bonus price of just $15, you get all four of the regular books, plus EIGHT more!
- Into the Darkness – The Cathell Series Book One by A.M. Rycroft
- Magic & Manners by C.E. Murphy
- Tarbin’s True Heir – The Recharging Book One by Kelly Lynn Colby
- A Portion of Dragon & Chips by Simon Haynes
- Selected Stories – Fantasy by Kevin J. Anderson
- The Crown and the Dragon by John D. Payne
- The Iron Thane by Jason Henderson
- The Halfblood War by L. Deni Colter
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to the Challenger Learning Centers for Space Science Education!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!